Monday, July 25, 2011

The generation that knew

The most informed generation in History could be remembered as ''The one who knew but changed very little''
I remember when my parents and grand-parents (I'm 55) would tell stories an anecdotes about the era they lived in and recalling events that either they participated in or knew about; at the same time, when talking about horrific
events, predicaments and what was happening in the world at the same time, they would often end their say by ''if we'd only knew'' and then retort saying '' we didn't have television back then and we barely had a radio that worked''  ''We would learn about things during the news reel at the movies'' Well, well, who among you still turn on the TV or get the newspaper to know about the latest news? So my issue lingering constantly in the back of my mind since like you, I get my info about the world on Internet which allows me to go on Twitter, face book,and the myriad of news sites by the click of the mouse; OK now then, I have a few interrogations here:
Now we know and we know it fast; I mean even in 1990 the CNN guys were waiting on the premises for the first bomb to explode in Iraq; if a quake or tsunami happen in the far east, we're aware of it within an hour.
We also know that natural disasters happened, have and will happen, unfortunately sooner than later; aren't we suppose to be ready for those and be ready to promptly act with the basic needs for the victims? Like water, basic food and medical first aid supplies? I know, I know, ''its more complicated than that''  but today, I don't buy it anymore; we have the IMF, World bank, monster plane carriers, a zillion charity organizations , Volunteers, and so much more resources, that if well prepared should deliver the relief promptly to the needy

Too much logistic problems in my view and lack of good faith: strong judgement here on my part but I don't care anymore; no way that a child should still be seen on our screens with flees on his face with an inflated belly, no f....way. We know and we've know ed for ages, I'm talking about basic survival needs here not the end of the world; we have zillionnaires, billionaires, millionaires and 1 god am dollar taken once a year from people's tax revenue around the world, isn't enough?  yes it is enough. What is not enough seems to be the ''Will''to resolve this infamy that to me, gives the human race a ''black eye''. This as lasted enough, no more excuses, we knew, we know and will eradicate this unacceptable human condition once and for all; when? NOW!     ....to be continued.

Robert Aube


No comments:

Post a Comment